Except for preorder specials, all orders for print products that are placed online or by phone before noon (Monday-Friday) are shipped the same day. Print orders that are placed over the weekend (or on holidays) are shipped the next business day.
If you need expedited shipping, please call us.
Except for preorder specials, orders for digital editions that are placed during normal business hours are delivered the same day and do not incur shipping charges.
Shipping is $13.00 for the first print product and $4.00 for each additional print product up to 10 print products. This pricing structure begins again with products 11 – 20, and so on in increments of 10.
If you are a subscriber and pre-pay for the next edition of a product you subscribe to, shipping is FREE.
Subscriptions can be cancelled at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us.
Refund & Return PolicyPrint Products
All print products come with a 30-day money-back guarantee from the date the product is ordered as long as the product is in the same
condition as when it was purchased (e.g., no highlighting, no ripped cover or pages). If you decide to return a product that you ordered,
the return postage is your responsibility. We will issue return labels if you are shipped a book in error.
If you need to send us a return, you can do so by US Mail. Please send to:
Bearings Legal Resources
14027 Memorial Dr. #150
Houston, TX 77079
NOTE: Original shipping fees are non-refundable.
Digital products cannot be returned.
Digital Edition Policy & AgreementWhat is a digital edition?
Bearings’ digital editions are digital, downloadable versions of our books. In most cases, they look like the printed version of the book with all the
same content, graphs, and charts.
To read our digital editions, you will need to download a free copy of Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) and create an Adobe account ID. Easy-to-follow
instructions for downloading the app are included when you purchase a digital product. For large-firm orders of digital products, please give us a call.
Our digital products are DRM protected and can only be downloaded on three devices (e.g., work computer, home computer, mobile device).What devices can I read it on?
Bearings' digital editions can be read on any device that supports Adobe Digital Editions (ADE), which include Windows, MacOS, iOS, and Adroid devices. You can download ADE here: https://www.adobe.com/solutions/ebook/digital-editions/download.html. Other devices that support ADE include a number of dedicated eReaders. To determine whether your eReader supports ADE, check with the manufacturer.Can I access the digital edition offline?
Once Adobe Digital Editions is downloaded to a device and the product is added to your library, the product can be read without internet access.Can I share it with others?
Bearings' digital editions are individually licensed for use to one individual and cannot be shared. Sharing the digital product with others violates our terms of service and can result in your right to access the product being rescinded and future purchases of digital editions being prohibited.Can I copy and print pages?
Copying and printing is restricted to 50 pages per day to prevent unauthorized reproduction of the content.Does the digital edition expire?
Bearings’ digital editions will not expire as long as you have access to Adobe Digital Editions.How can I learn more about ADE's features?
ADE has a robust feature set that allows you to create bookmarks, make notes, and highlight or underline important text. To learn more about how to use these features, visit https://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/notes-highlights-underlining-digital-editions.html”.What are the license terms for your digital products?
Buyer’s access to and use of a digital book sold by Bearings Legal Resources (“Bearings”) is subject to the following terms and conditions. Except for the license granted in this agreement, Bearings reserves all rights not granted below, including all rights, title, and interest in the digital book and its contents.
1. Bearings grants Buyer a limited license to download to your computer or mobile device the digital book and to use the book’s content in the regular course of your legal and other research and related work. This license is non-exclusive, non-transferable, and revocable. The license takes effect when access to a digital book is provided to the Buyer by Bearings.
2. Purchase of the digital book entitles Buyer to one digital copy of the book in its original print format. For your convenience, Buyer may choose to download and install the digital book on up to three devices (e.g., desktop computer, laptop, or mobile).
3. Access to the digital book is limited to the number of copies purchased. Access to the digital book cannot be provided to anyone other than the Buyer or the Buyer’s support staff.
4. To access the digital book, Buyer will be required to use Adobe Digital Editions (ADE). If Bearings is unable to offer a digital product through ADE, Bearings, in its sole discretion, will use commercially reasonable practices to provide the digital book to Buyer through another vendor or in another media format.
5. Buyer and your support staff may not remove, disable, or defeat any embedded digital rights management (DRM) functionality that is designed to limit or control access to or use of the digital book.
6. IMPORTANT! The digital book is offered on an as-is basis. Bearings digital products are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranty of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Bearings does not warrant that the digital book will meet any requirements or needs you may have, that any defects or errors in the digital book will be corrected, or that Adobe Digital Editions will operate error free or in an uninterrupted fashion.
7. ALSO IMPORTANT! Bearings’ liability for costs, damages, or other losses arising from the use of the digital book under this license—including third-party claims—is limited to a refund of the purchase price of the digital product.
8. This license remains in effect until terminated.
9. If the Buyer breaches this license, the license will automatically terminate.
10. Texas law governs this license.
11. This is the entire license. If part of the license turns out to be unenforceable, the rest will remain. This license can be changed only if Buyer and Bearings agree in writing (including email).
We welcome manuscripts and product proposals for legal titles. If you have a manuscript or product proposal you would like to share with us, please email us at email@example.com with the following information:
- Book title
- Brief overview of title
- Table of contents (rough outline is sufficient)
- Intended audience
- Competing works
- Estimation of completion date (if you plan on authoring the title)
- Copy of your CV (if you plan on authoring the title)
- Copy of manuscript or sample chapters (if available)
- Any other relevant information
A team member will reach out to you within 3-5 business days to let you know that we have received your information.
purchase from the Site. We value the importance of your privacy, and we will use the information we collect from you only in the manner described below.
When you visit the Site, we collect and use certain information about your device (“Device Information”) and certain information when you place an
order on the Site (“Order Information”) (collectively “Personal Information”).
• Device Information. When you visit the Site, we automatically collect information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the store, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, search terms that are used, and how you interact with the Site. This information is collected automatically when you access our Site by using technologies such as cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels. We do this to load the Site accurately, to perform analytics on Site usage, and to review the performance of marketing campaigns that we send through our marketing application, Omnisend.
• Order information. When you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you,
including your name, billing address, shipping address, and payment information (e.g., credit card number, email address). This information is
collected directly from you and is used by us to provide products or services to you, process your payment information, arrange shipping of goods,
provide you with invoices and order confirmations, communicate with you, screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, and, when in line with the
preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products.
To help us use your Personal Information as described above, we share your Personal Information with certain third parties. Except as specifically
provided below, we will not sell, rent, or distribute mailing lists or other customer information to any third party.
• Shopify. We use Shopify to power our online store. Personal information you provide to us in our Site is shared with this party. Shopify has access
to your information to provide (technical) support to our store when necessary. Shopify will never use your information for other purposes.
You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
• Stripe. We use Shopify Payments to process all sales on our Site, which is powered by Stripe. Stripe collects payment information (such as debit or credit card information), purchase amount, date of purchase, and payment method. You can read more about how Stripe uses your
Personal Information here: https://stripe.com/privacy.
• Omnisend. We use Omnisend to manage our company email (e.g., send automatic confirmation of orders, receipts, product subscription
reminders), including sending marketing pieces to visitors and customers who opt in to receiving marketing from us. Thus, your name and email
address will be shared with Omnisend. Omnisend will never use your name or email address for their own purpose. You can read more about how Omnisend uses your Personal Information here: https://www.omnisend.com/privacy/. You can unsubscribe to our marketing emails by clicking on
the unsubscribe link provided at the end of each email or by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
upon their posting on the Site.